Got D800 today AF not working

Started Jul 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
dadopic
Forum MemberPosts: 75Gear list
Like?
Re: Dadopic - My D800 quit focusing last night. I relocked...
In reply to nikonjohn, Jul 21, 2012

I will post you with updates because it may happen to someone else in the future.

as for buying an extension of warranty I thought that the camera came ith a 2 years camera and parts warranty already, maybe not, I need to double check, that s a good idea.

I think I will keep iot for a few days and test it with both M and AF settings switche on or off and see if the problem present itself again.
Hopefully not.

thank you all very very much, you are a woinderful group of professional and I am very glad to be part of this forum.

Ciao

nikonjohn wrote:

the lens and worked the autofocus switch and it was fine. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it was not a connection issue. I guess time will tell. If it had happened as soon as I got it, I would have tested it for a few days and would have taken it back for an exchange if it occurred again. I think that you have gotten very good advice in the other posts. Let us know what you decide to do.

I really don't think that you damaged the camera with the manual lens you put on your new camera or the AF would not have started working again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow