An old 5D - what a babe

Started Jul 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
swedishnerd
Forum MemberPosts: 89Gear list
Like?
Re: An old 5D - what a babe
In reply to Christoph v Ballmoos, Jul 21, 2012

I just bought the 5D too and am loving it! I wanted to get the 17-40 too but found the sigma 15-30mm in a shop in Sweden for 3000sek, they had had it in for many years so when I speculated whether to buy it or not the salesman gave me an offer I couldn't resist, 2000sek! I bought it and it works great on the 5D, super sharp and 15mm is crazy wide!

Christoph v Ballmoos wrote:

Thanks for all the nice comments.

I am really happy with my purchase, and the camera works much better than I thought.

Reading all the posts, I thought, AF would be very slow, but I was positively surprised. Although not as fast as the 7D, is keeps quite well up with the speed of the 50D that I owned before.

I miss that the big screen is not showing any shooting information, but hey, now I have to use the small LCD. Well autoISO would be nice.. but I don't want to complain.

Well, and then, there is no noise. Every pixel seems to positively contribute to the picture, that is fascinating.

And then my lenses shine like never before, the 85/1.8 produces such nice separation from background.

Btw, the dog is our Kooikerhondje, and he is a good motif for shooting, although his colors are hard for the dynamic range of any camera.

After one week, I am already thinking about getting the 17-40f4 to have something more wideangle... oh boy, whereto does this lead...?
Have a great weekend,
Christoph
--
http://picasaweb.google.com/ballmoos

-- hide signature --
 swedishnerd's gear list:swedishnerd's gear list
Sigma DP1x Canon EOS 5D Sigma SD14 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow