Started Jul 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AdeF
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
LR 3 file mgmt / backup
Jul 21, 2012

Tutorial was quite helpful and I wonder if anyone can help me with these questions. First let me explain my file system. I have 2 hard drives on my laptop. Drive C has the lightroom (v3.6) with the backup files created when I exit LR. Drive D has all of my raw photos imported from the camera. The external drives are used for saving all of my photos from drive D (done by copy / paste periodically).

Here's my question: When I open LR and a file on drive D I'll change ratings or tweak the photo in Library or Develop mode and exit LR. I know that the changes are backed up on drive C. How do I apply the changes to the same photo on the external drive? Let's say my drive D crashed and I lost my photos - the photos are copied to an external drive so no problem except that any changes made were 'backed up' to drive C. How can I relate changes 'backed up' on drive C to the saved photos on the ext. drive?

AdeF's gear list:AdeF's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow