Started Jul 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mr pina
Regular MemberPosts: 159
Like?
Keep my 20mm f1.7 with this gear...?
Jul 21, 2012

For one year, I have been using my 20mm F1.7 lens and was very pleased with this little pancake. The last few weeks, I have been updating my gear resulting in an E-M5 with 12-50 kitlens. Then I bought the 25mm F1.4 and the Olympus 12mm F2.0

I was planning to return my 25mm F1.4 because beside its faster AF, I don't see any reason why I should keep that lens since it's so expensive and very similar to the 20mm. And even more important: it can not replace my 20mm as primary lens because it does perform very poor in video. That's the reason why I finally bought the 12mm F2.0: it's still pretty (very)decent in low light and is excellent als video shooting lens. Resulting in a very well performing all round lens for both video and stills.

Now I'm wondering: am I right that it's better to sell my 20mm to have a gear consisting of the 12mm f2.0 and the 25mm f1.4 s primary lenses? Instead of a 20mm f1.7 with a 12mm f.20? Since the differences between the 12mm and 25mm is greater than the 12mm compared to the 20mm?

I hope you understand what I'm talking about since my english is not my native language...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow