Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
nordic_light
Forum MemberPosts: 87
Like?
Re: I will never buy another Panasonic.
In reply to Tom Hoots, Jul 21, 2012

Tom Hoots wrote:

snapshot09 wrote:

Curious for those considering the RX100 and LX7, which are you going with and why. Pros and cons to each; RX100 fits in your pocket, LX7 has a faster lens, etc.

Between these two, it's all about the sensor.

Personally, I have wasted far too much money on Panasonic cameras that were unable to render accurate colors in their JPEG output. From "pocket zooms" with strong color casts to the LX3 and LX5 with "colors from a different planet," I'm just done. Period.

With the LX3 and LX5, it was all about pinkish reds, wonky greens, and neon turquoise skies. Oh, you could try to fix one color, but then other colors would be even FARTHER away from reality.

Maybe Panasonic can "fix" this, but I'm not going to spend another penny trying to find out if they have. And I'm not going to use RAW just because the camera can't produce proper colors. I just gave up on Panasonic, years ago.

But don't you think this has changed with the new sensor on LX7? What do you think when you look at the samples here in dpreview of LX7?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow