Started Jul 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
F Stop Fitzgerald
Contributing MemberPosts: 658Gear list
Like?
Back to basics...I like the 50mm A12 f/2.5 macro
Jul 21, 2012

When I first bought the GXR, it came with the 50mm A12 unit. At the beginning I was troubled that the Ricoh lens was not faster than f/2.5. So I got the m-mount unit and tried various fast 35mm focal length SLR prime lenses as well as the CV 35mm Nokton, f/1.4. I liked the fact that the other lens were a bit brighter than the Ricoh, but I just didn't like the way they rendered the image when wide open. I found that most of these lenses did much better at at f/2.8 or slower. So I've finally given up and am back to using the original 50mm A12 unit.

I've come to believe that the 50mm A12 is actually a very good lens and the macro and autofocus is a bonus. So now my basic kit is the 28mm A12 & 50mm A12 and the m-mount only for short telephoto lenses.

I snapped this shot tonight and I think the clarity and contrast on the Ricoh is very, very good, provided you have enough light.

F Stop Fitzgerald's gear list:F Stop Fitzgerald's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital III Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Ricoh GXR GR Lens A12 28mm F2.5 Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Sony Alpha 7R +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow