Can I get your thoughts on the EF 75-300 III USM or........

Started Jul 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Freneticburn
Regular MemberPosts: 182Gear list
Like?
Re: Can I get your thoughts on the EF 75-300 III USM or........
In reply to Steve Balcombe, Jul 21, 2012

I thought the 50mm 1.8 compared to the 1.4 was a somewhat fair comparison. I'd also argue that the 50 1.4 and 70-300 IS USM are fairly cheap. Even cheap lenses can be great lenses and many consider the 50mm 1.8 a great lens. I didn't really take into consideration the age of the design though (not sure which gen the 1.8 was) but there was a clear difference in AF speeds in my opinion. I just assumed it was the USM since I used the same camera (T2i) and shot the same thing from a tripod.

Thanks for the links to the Canon lens work book. There's a lot of cool info there but I'm still convinced micro-USM is worth it over non. I'd rather have ring USM obviously but I'm just a noob (got my first DSLR in Feb) and can't justify spending over $1k on a lens until I have a full frame body and can put L glass to proper use.

Freneticburn's gear list:Freneticburn's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow