ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
leecamera
Regular MemberPosts: 479
Like?
New Bowens Beauty Dish...!
Jul 20, 2012

At last...

I saw the new 20.5" beauty dish demo'd at the Focus show in the UK back in Feb this year and have been pestering Bowens about it ever since.

It's taken a while to come through but the first batches are slowly starting to arrive and I think I'm amongst the first to get one...!

LOVE IT. It gives me a lovely punch to the centre of the face but a gentle fall off. My last BD from a third party was a smoother curve and so images were OK but not as stunning as I'd like. This new one from Bowens has a flatter back and more pronounced curve (a bit like a deep frying pan,) and I was hoping for this effect.

It's not actually on the Bowens catalogue yet and I believe there may be a bit of a back-order but it's worth keeping an eye out for or pestering your local dealer to get one.

Not expensive (expect about £120 ish depending on your dealer - although I'm not even sure there is an official price yet). Comes with a soft cap and there is the option of a grid.

I have no affiliation with Bowens other than spending too much money on their toys. It's been a long time coming (their smaller dish was too small and 3rd party options were all a bit samey for me) so I'm a happy bunny.

LEE

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow