Started Jul 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
xmeda
Contributing MemberPosts: 715Gear list
Like?
Re: 40 vs 40
In reply to Roland Karlsson, Jul 20, 2012

Roland Karlsson wrote:

sajah wrote:

My method of utilizing quick shift is a bit different. I set the AF button to cancel focus. I use shutter half press to focus normally, but when I want to use quick-shift, or retain the focus from previous shot, I hold the AF button and then click shutter.

Ahhhhh .. nice. And then you get focus confirmation! Something that is shut off when doing quick-shift normally. Thank you!! Ill bookmark this post.

Unfortunately it does not work for non quick-shift lenses. It would have been gold if the non quick-shift lens would have been released for manual focus when pushing the AF button. Then quick shift lenses would not be needed.

But ... this gives me an idea for macro shots. First you push the button half ways, making it focus, and then you push the AF button - turning AF off, Then you move the camera back and forth for good focus, looking at the focus confirmation. Works like a charm. Again - thank you!

JUST PRESS AND HOLD LENS-RELEASE BUTTON AND FOCUS MANUALLY AF drive will do some noise, but that is not a problem This is "how to" create quick-shift on any screw-driven lens.

-- hide signature --

xmeda's gear list:xmeda's gear list
Casio QV-R40 Casio Exilim EX-Z110 Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow