ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mjdundee
Contributing MemberPosts: 798Gear list
Like?
Travel in style or just travel?
Jul 20, 2012

Hi,

I am looking for a leightweight and pocketable camera that delivers sharp results up to ISO 400 starting at a wider fl than 28mm. After having compared what is available today, I am close to decide for either a S 100, a SX 240/260 or a S95.

Now - I am sure that the CCD will deliver more detail and the 28-100mm lens is sharper with less distortion than both S100 and SX240/260.

At the moment I prefer the wider lens of the S100/SX 240/260. The IQ difference up t o ISO 400 is nothing to talk about in my eyes.

The only reason why I am still hesitating to go for the longer zoom up to 500mm is that I am not able to decide if the smaller size and weigt and the great manual controls of the S100/95 will really make it that more favourable to carry them around and use them. What do you prefer?

Second question to experience owners: Of course it is nice to have GPS - but how often do you really use it and if you have used it - did you ever look for the data back home again?

Looking forward to your comments.

mjdundee's gear list:mjdundee's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow