Started Jul 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brlowe
Regular MemberPosts: 100
Like?
Epson R1900 and Inkjetfly CIS
Jul 20, 2012

I just wanted to post that after reading all the good and bad about CIS systems I installed the IJF bigfoot system on my Epson R1900. The install went well with only me messing up and thinking I had a proplem that I did not have. At first nothing would print and I finally tracked it down to the lid switch. I had inserted something to make the printer think it was closed but I did it wrong. After correcting that it has worked great. I have tried the epson profiles, the ones LEO has made and my own and the colors are all very close. The only thing I notice is that the gloss optimizer does not look as glossy. This I can live with. Have printed on canvas, luster, premium glossy and regular glossy and all work great. I have printed enough that the printer thinks I have run 2 different colors dry and had to reset those and it worked great. The only thing I have not been able to do is to reset all my colors at one time so they all look fresh.

So if anyone is thinking about a CIS system for their R1900 the above is how it has worked for me. I do recommend the Bigfoot system from Inkjetfly.

Just remember doing this to any printer will void your warranty if you have one.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow