Why can't I get pictures out of my 60D as good as a Sony A450

Started Jul 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
hooch888
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Re: Nothing to do with DR
In reply to keithwm, Jul 20, 2012

keithwm wrote:

I haven't got the CR2 anymore - it was on the card. But, below is another shot, both taken seconds apart. Look at most of the image and the exposures of both shots are very close indeed, now look at the clouds. Both are a bit blown but the Sony has more detail, if I use recovery tools I can pull a lot out of the Sony, I can't pull hardly anything out of the canon with out the photo becoming flat. Oh, the Sony is on the left.

We haven't had good enough weather to try the canon with HTP on yet, but even if it works it's a shock that the canon needs some help to capture what theSony seems to do naturally (of course we don't know what tricks the Sony does in camera) Just to be clear DRO is off on the Sony!

Not sure where exactly do you see more details? To me both pictures look same other than slight difference in contract and colors. Also your Canon shot is shifted to the left so shows less of the big cloud naturally.

If you want to compare DR shoot something static because sky is constantly changing and it's hard to compare apples to apples. BTW to compare 2 cameras you need same exposure and same lens, otherwise you may just see bad DR caused by your lens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow