So little talk/speculation about the D600...

Started Jul 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Snodayz
Regular MemberPosts: 116Gear list
Like?
Re: Exactly..
In reply to inasir1971, Jul 20, 2012

You (and many others including myself) have bought a D4 as well as a D800, and on top of that are spending many times the cost of the D800 body updating glass to meet the more demanding requirements of the D800 sensor. If you need high fps, you don't have that 36MP file to crop from and need longer (and more expensive) glass for your D4.

Well, not exactly, I already had all the top glass I needed from D3s days. I take your point on long glass, though I wonder if cropping 36mp will really produce as good a result as my trusty 400mm f2.8VR?

So since you've bought both the D800 and the D4, why would Nikon have wanted you to buy one cheaper camera instead of two more expensive cameras?

Actually I'm going to sell the D800 as I find it a bit disappointing to operate in comparison to the D4 and the file sizes it produces are just overkill for me. I mean I just exported 18 photos tonight at best possible and it was nearly half a gig in size. Ridiculous!

Snodayz's gear list:Snodayz's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow