Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Demontis
Forum MemberPosts: 72
Like?
Re: 40D 0r 600D ? strictly for MP-E 65
In reply to asad137, Jul 20, 2012

asad137 wrote:

jmaster wrote:

The only advantage I can see to the 40D is it is more rugged and bigger, with POSSIBLY better AF on the outer sensors.

Which of course, matters not one bit for the MP-E 65, as it's strictly a manual focus lens.

Flippy screen = win for 600D any day of the week and twice on sundays for macro and/or tripod work.

But the image quality, color rendition etc, of the 40D, assumed to have taken a well focused shot or stack, would be equal or ? Output of the 600D with more detail because of the the higher resolution sensor, but many pictures of this sensor i see look, how can i say...somehow "thin" too me and the rendition of the not so packed 40D sensor, more "fat" or "pynchy"...i see absolutely a difference between the 18MP sensor and the 10MP sensor....

I have a similar controversion going on, with having the D7000 with 16MP and my wife having a D40x with 8 ( or 10?) MP...my pictures show lots of detail and are maybe teschnically advanced, but coming along with a more digital look..while her little D40 lets a picture look more like 35mm film....somehow more like a....photo....

..but maybe i just miss something here?...maybe i am just going nuts as i see many many breathtaking pictures out of the 18MP sensor...but also of the 10MP sensor of the older xxD's......talking strictly high magnification here...

-- hide signature --

patrick

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow