wb850f firmware July 5 ver.206276

Started Jul 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,330Gear list
Like?
Re: wb850f firmware July 9th ver.206276 - partialImage.o.map MAP file
In reply to JimmyR, Jul 20, 2012

How is the average user going to cope with this. You are not dumb as you should not even have to think of these things for a compact camera. I find it extraordinary that this is going on. I think Samsung need to put a warning on the box that it is only suitable for technology geeks. I presume you have to do these firmware updates to stop the battery draining.

JimmyR wrote:

Thank you camomille. I should have pointed out that the camera was brand new yesterday and so was the 16GB SanDisk SDHC card. I formatted the brand new card in the camera before doing the firmware upgrade.

I can't see the "(no util)" part of "partialImage.o.map (no util)" on my memory card only "partialImage.o.map" MAP file which is 35,597KB in size. Just to be absoloutely certain, should I still delete this file from my memory card even if I don't have the "(no util)" part? What does the (no util) part actually mean and why don't Samsung bother to mention anything about deleting this paricular file in their "Firmware Upgrade by manual" PDF? What is a .bin file, what does it do or what did it do?

Sorry to be so dumb but just want to be certain I'm deleting the correct thing.

Thank you.

JimmmyR

Greynerd's gear list:Greynerd's gear list
Olympus TG-310 Samsung EX2F Pentax X-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow