New Canon 5d mk3 horizontal banding at iso200 - faulty body?

Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
bigbadlemon
Regular MemberPosts: 271
Like?
underexposure does not exist.
In reply to bronxbombers, Jul 20, 2012

HTP was on for ALL shots, but again, under exposed here is not the issue - there is no such thing as 'perfect' exposure, and we can pretend for the sake of argument that this is how I 'intended' the exposure to look - MINUS the banding.

I appreciate everyone's comments, but people continuously pointing out that something is 'under exposed' does not excuse, or explain , the banding. If no lifting in post processing is done to compensate for this so called underexposed shot, then there is no conceivable excuse on this planet why it should exhibit banding.

I repeat, dark parts of a photo, artistically intentional or not, are not to be punished by horrible banding. Exposure , like many other choices, is a stylistic choice, and while recognising that 'exposing to the right' on digital gives one the most flexibility, this should be no reason for a £3000 camera to be under performing my £300 Panasonic GF2. Nor for that matter a 2005 model canon 5d classic.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
...New
+ 1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow