The landmark D800

Started Jul 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lea5
Contributing MemberPosts: 551Gear list
Like?
Re: Mostly agree, especially on video
In reply to Biological_Viewfinder, Jul 20, 2012

Biological_Viewfinder wrote:

Well that's nice. What does that have to do with anything????

because you started it.

A person CANNOT operate this single-handedly (period).

Easily! (period)

It requires off-board sound, a focus-puller, and whatever else. My dedicated TM-700 doesn't require any of those things and it performs excellently.

Everybody can handle a consumer cam. DSLR-Video needs a few skills.

I guess it's sort of like trying to make a boat-car. You either need a boat or a car; because the boat-car thing is just a funny novelty.

There is even a boat-tank and very useful. The M-113
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voCd5UJNrXQ

studio460 wrote:

I suppose it's poop if you don't also have the supporting tools and required technique. Comparing a Handycam to a DSLR just isn't an apples-to-apples comparison. Yes, movie-making tools are expensive. I shoot for a broadcast TV network. Each of our packages has two lenses: a long zoom and a wide-angle zoom, costing about $36,000 each (the cameras themselves cost about $70,000 each). Our tripods alone, cost over $8,000 each.

-- hide signature --

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Lea5's gear list:Lea5's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow