FZ200. How Many FZ150 Users will upgrade?

Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vandyu
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,807Gear list
Like?
Re: But it doesn't have a rubber eye cup NT
In reply to EPPaar, Jul 20, 2012

I know the eyecup, or lack thereof, is a design flaw, IMO. And to be perfectly honest, I'm really not willing to sell my FZ150, take a financial hit, and buy an otherwise brilliantly designed camera by the world's premier superzoom manufacturer. That's my feeling today. But, it is easy to get caught up in all of the excitement of a new model that will quickly dominate the posts for the next 12 months.

One of the fun things about buying a new camera is being closely involved in all of the hoopla on the forums. When a new model comes out, regardless of brand, most readers focus their interest and attention on the latest & greatest.

What I've been expressing my frustration over is the intentional decision to not put a rubber eyecup on this fantastic camera that is designed to appeal to enthusiasts, while the FZ60 is targeted toward less experienced photographers or those with more limited equipment funds. Enthusiasts use the viewfinder. More people are using eyeglasses and the viewfinder housing is a risk factor that needs to be considered. To me, it's a constant annoyance worrying about the proximity of my glasses to the viewfinder.

I don't see how Panasonic can make a strong case for its decision. Granted, it's their camera and they design it the way they want, but it's a bit selfish and petty to leave this feature off. Panasonic can easily solve the problem today by annoucing an accessory eyecup that will fit the FZ100-150-200 models and change the design structurally for the 2013 model. That approach will make me more inclined to move toward an FZ200 purchase. Win-win for everyone.
--
Are you ready to make someone's day a little brighter?

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D80 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow