Started Jul 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nx200USER1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,048
Like?
diy homemade nx200 full camera case
Jul 20, 2012

welp, Im nearing completion of my projext of the last couple of months by trial an error. After watching some youtube videos of professional leather crafting and finding a leather supply store, I have produced my own camera case. Reason being that noone sells an interchangable lens FULL camera case cos one size does not fit all.

Each lens cover/case with its own lid becomes part of the full camera case. I guess more specifically I have created 2 half camera cases that become a full case when combined. So far I have covered the 30mm and 18-200mm.

The real benefit I have achieved is the ability to use the 18-200mm lens in an unwielding way. I found that combo to be inconvenient, but now I can balance without much effort that combo with one hand. The leather is very thick (almost 3/16 inch / 5mm) and adds substantial thickness to the nx200 allowing you to purchase a much better grip without worry of leaving oily smudge on the screen every time.
Here are poor quality indoor shots using camcorder in camera mode

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow