Confirmed, D800 LF problem cannot be fixed.

Started Jul 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tgbs
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Confirmed, D800 LF problem cannot be fixed.
Jul 20, 2012

My D800 has been at Nikon Mississauga since July the 10th, see my earlier post:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=42047945

At noon today I received a phone call from Nikon Mississauga, camera has been fixed and ready to be picked up. Signed for it, got the camera drove home, mounted the 24-70mm on it set it on a tripod and focus chart on a wall, took first picture with the center focus point, totally out of focus, left AF sharp like the center use to be, the right somewhere in between the other two. No change whatsoever from the last trip.

Tomorrow morning the camera will be returned to the vendor for refund, I no longer wish to own a D800.

For those who have a D800 with the left AF problem and can still return it for a refund, DO IT. This camera cannot be fixed for the said problem. Those people reporting that their camera has been fixed, did not have the left AF problem. What they have done to adjust the severe back focus on the left is, move the complete focus system forward as block, no individuality as some are claiming.

Just to see how much the center was front focusing, by fine tuning the 24-70mm, I started with +5, ended with +20 and still it was front focusing.

Sorry for being so blunt, just the way I see it.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow