Started Jul 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul Pasco
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,388Gear list
Like?
Might let the V1 go...
Jul 20, 2012

As I have posted here before, I had wanted the Panasonic FZ150 for Christmas last year to replace my FZ28. Ashton Kutcher (just kidding!) talked my family into getting me the V1 and 10-30 instead, to which I added the 30-110 and SB-N5 and some other little goodies. I have enjoyed using it a lot but it doesn't really replace a superzoom for me as I have to change lenses. I know, I know, that's why they call them interchangeable lens cameras, but the need to change is annoying sometimes. What has brought me to this point again is the announcement of the FZ200. With updated EVF and constant 2.8 lens, it has answered most of the deficiencies of the FZ28 and I can add a proper high powered external flash for indoor bounce flash. I know the IQ and AF speed will not match the V1 but for my uses it's moot. I rarely print larger than 11 x 14 and unless I pixel peep, even my FZ28 still looks good in comparison. My only reservation at this time is the giant hit I would take selling the V1 kit so it may not happen at all.
Comments and opinions are welcome and I have my flame proof suit on!
--
Regards, Paul

Lili's Dad

Paul Pasco's gear list:Paul Pasco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Nikon D50 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J1 +14 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow