Started Jul 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MaxiMax
Regular MemberPosts: 214Gear list
Like?
New camera, new fun!
Jul 19, 2012

It has been a long time since I wrote in these forums. I am writing now just to tell you about my new "toy", a NEX-5N, and why I decided to buy it.

After taking many photos and owning quite a few cameras throughout the years, my interest in photography started to fade away. I still own two very heavy "top gun" (but old now) DSLRs from Canon and a couple of compacts. For some reason, I have lately become more interested in videography, and wanted to produce high-quality HD videos. I started to look for a pro/semi-pro video camera, but found out that they are still quite expensive. I then read that one episode of the TV-series "House M.D." was actually filmed entirely with a Canon 5D Mark II. I started then my research on compact cameras that also do quality videos. The NEX-5N got everything I wanted for a very low price: Top quality photography and excellent 1080p videography in a small compact body. The large image sensor that is used in the NEX-5N is the same one used in the Sony NEX-VG20H video camera (at 3 times the price), and it is capable to produce a nice DOF ("Bokeh"). As of today, none of the other existing competitor brands can offer the same image quality for photo and video in the same camera with interchangeable lenses for this price. For photography, I have added the EVF as accessory, and for videography I have added the external mike. In many ways, the light weight of the NEX-5N has also brought back some of my interest in photography. This is just the perfect little hybrid camera.

-MaxiMax

MaxiMax's gear list:MaxiMax's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow