Started Jul 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dnercesian
Contributing MemberPosts: 560
Like?
Should I keep my XP1?
Jul 19, 2012

Just to get it out of the way, I have no problem with the focus or anything else that people normally complain about.

Mainly, I just don't like the focal lengths/lenses at this time. Here is what I mean.

35mm - AWESOME lens, but I really don't like the 50mm equiv FOV. Never have.

18mm - I have no problem with the IQ, but I don't like the focal length (27mm FOV). Not wide enough to be wide, and misses the 35mm sweet spot I love so much.

60mm - Again great IQ, but I don't shoot macro and would rather have a faster option for a prime like this, both focussing and aperture.

Here is the rub. The 3 lenses I do want, 10 - 24mm (15 - 36), 23mm (35), and the 56mm (85), are a ways out. Because of this, I find myself shooting with the OM-D far more often than the XP1 these days. I would basically be selling my lenses, then putting the XP1 and flashes on the shelf until next year. My issue with that is the curiosity as to whether Fuji is going to be planning another X series camera release around that time, which would make it better to sell my XP1 sooner.

Anyone else in a similar boat? Thoughts?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow