New Canon 5d mk3 horizontal banding at iso200 - faulty body?

Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
bigbadlemon
Regular MemberPosts: 271
Like?
Re: ...
In reply to MayaTlab0, Jul 19, 2012

Firstly, thank you all for you posts, both negative and positive, they're all useful - I ask that people please attack solely the issue at hand with an open, critical, inquiring mind rather than each other - it won't help anyone, least of all me

Following on, HPT was used - and I've heard it causes issues (after the shoot in question, sadly) but again, it's a £3k camera, in 2012, and a feature that is in NO WAY marketed as a BETA offering . It's a fully endorsed, featured, and promoted feature of this model. I'd hate to find out that it's basically a gimmick designed to fill ad-space rather than aid photographers. But I accept it might be ca*p also. (won't help me much with a lost days shooting however). Other culprits perhaps?

(much of my other work on http://www.lightmatter.co.uk is done with a 5D Classic - artistic merit and cr*p high compression ready-for-web JPEGS aside - it's always been perfectly fine, with huge post production changes, if required, as noise is fine and removable - banding not!)

thanks all

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
...New
+ 1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow