ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HansGeorg Tacke
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
Fuji HS20 1000mm telezoom reach
Jul 19, 2012

Hello,

I would like to add my point of view to the latest discussion about the limited full zoom focus reach of the Fuji superzooms compared to other newer cameras (e.g. Nikon P510 with 1000mm, Sony HX200 with 810mm and so on).

I also want to qualify the heavy and bulky combinations of Fuji superzooms with TC, e.g. S100fs/DCA58a.

I own both the S100fs and the HS20EXR, and the last weeks I keep trying to improve the results of the HS20/TC-E15ed combination. IMO not too heavy or bulky. Both together weigh about 1000 grams an set you back about 380-400€.
At full zoom 126mm this corresponds to 1000mm äqu. without too much expenditure.

I add an example of the HS20 at full zoom, which is 660mm and from last weekend with the TC-E15ed, which is about 1000mm.

both handheld, SOOC, first shot sharpness and NR set to normal, second shot set to minimum to give scope for PP.

I think the quality should be good enough to compare to the Canon SX40 or the ultra long reach Nikon P510.

I think it is yet to be shown, that one can seriously do better with a Canon, Sony or Nikon at full zoom reach, handheld and without any PP, SOOC.

All the really fantastic bird shots, especially Kenn Threed's, look to me really postprocessed.
I would be interested in your opinion.

Hans-Georg

Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Nikon Coolpix P510
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow