Started Jul 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dale Cotton
Senior MemberPosts: 1,879
Like?
Here's to the D7000
Jul 19, 2012

Understandably, most forum posts are related to problems or at least concerns, but from time to time it can't hurt to vent a bit from the other side of the picture.

Bought my D7000 just about a year ago now. I follow all raw-capable camera announcements rather closely out of long habit but haven't been even remotely tempted over that time. Recently had occasion to post-process some shots from my previous dSLR (Pentax K20D) and was amazed at how much better the D7000's IQ is. Beyond res, DR, and low noise, just the improvement in colour depth/nuance is night and day. Landscapes printed on 17x25 inch paper stand up to nose-to-glass inspection. Coming indoors, working at 3200 ISO without overwhelming noise levels or pattern noise is a delight.

Sure -- if the body and lenses could be reduced by 50% that would be nice but I'm not willing to sacrifice the 100% pentaprism OVF, responsiveness, or feature set to achieve that. The weight of the D7000 body plus kit 18-105 or a couple primes just isn't an issue even for all-day around the neck. Not ruggedized, not stealthy, not pocketable, not retro, too complex for Mom & Pop, but beyond that not sure what's not to like.

Next time you're in your cups raise a toast to the engineering teams at Nikon and Sony. May they live long and prosper.
--
Dale Cotton, Canada
http://daystarvisions.com

Nikon D7000 Pentax K20D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow