HX9V for outdoor concert

Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
kaizr
Forum MemberPosts: 86
Like?
Re: HX9V for outdoor concert
In reply to kaizr, Jul 19, 2012

Back from concert and decided to use the HX9V in the end, I left it in Superior Auto + mode and the results were beyond expectation.

Ok so it was a Madonna concert (awaits laughter), and I probably wouldn't have mentioned that unless I wanted to share some of the photos that this little beauty took.

The distance to the stage (triangular stage 6 rows in front, and the main stage in the background, you can get the gist of the distances from the first photo):

Stage:

From main stage:

From triangular stage:

From triangular stage:

I was so impressed by the lack of noise and sharpness, that I am now thinking about selling my slow NEX-5, and buying the newer HX20V or the RX100.

On a sidenote, will the bigger sensor coupled with Clearzoom of the RX produce better images than the HX's small sensor with optical zoom when using for gigs at full zoom? I realise the HX will still have a longer reach, but the full 20x reach of the RX isn't necessarily going to be a deciding factor.

The only negative I found of the HX was that it sometimes took a long time to focus as it got darker, but to be fair, it wasn't half as bad as when I took my NEX to a nightclub a few months back!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow