Started Jul 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Oelph
Contributing MemberPosts: 621
Like?
RX100 Flash examples plus my initial thoughts
Jul 19, 2012

Here are some really quick and dirty examples of the RX100 without flash, with direct flash and with bounced flash. Plus a phonecam picture of how you hold the flash upwards. They're small and unprocessed only to show off the lighting differences.

I've only had it a couple hours but already I'm sold. The camera is reassuringly solid and the speed of AF and shutter is fantastic. Probably the fastest I've experienced on any camera. (I've gone through a Canon D30, 450D, LX5, S95, Nex5, GF1, GH2, Pen1 and Fuji X10). The noise performance I'd liken to the Nex5 but that is completely unscientific. I'd happily use ISO3200 once processed through Lightroom when needed. It's hard to believe that Sony have packed so much good technology into such a little camera and for me its the perfect blend of pocketability and performance. I was guilty of leaving the camera at home so many times before. And to echo what others have said, the menu is such an improvement over the ones on the NEX cameras. You can also turn off any slightly irksome 'features' such as the mode dial onscreen popup or the control ring onscreen overlay. Lastly not having to worry about a lens cap I now realise is such a bonus for a camera that lives in your pocket.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow