D7000 difficult to use or challenging to fully exploit?

Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
jtan163
Contributing MemberPosts: 923Gear list
Like?
Re: D7000 difficult to use or challenging to fully exploit?
In reply to JonR55, Jul 19, 2012

JonR55 wrote:

I read from time to time that people upgrading to D7000 from D40/D70 type of models are disappointed with their new D7000. Often these complaints are responded to by pointing to the advanced features of D7000 and that it should be so difficult to use. I don't really understand this. Sure D7000 is a much more advanced camera than D40/D70, and requires significantly more camera skill to fully exploit, but shooting in Auto mode and comparing with the more simple cameras, what specifically makes D7000 more difficult to use??

The D7000 was my first DSLR and my second digital camera (excluding phones).
I did not find it difficult to use at all.

All the basic functions are pretty easy to find and act pretty much as you would expect.

I must admit I still don't fully get houw to use AF-C but realistically I don't really need it and have therefore made no real effort to learn it properly.

My last SLR before that was a Nikon F301 or a Zenit (I can't recall which was actually last). Neither of which I shot for about 20 years - so there is no rocket science in a D7000. It is a pretty conventional, easy to use DSLR.

And it is not just me, my 4 year old nephew can take perfectly well exposed photos with it too (on Auto I admit) - though his composition leaves a bit to be desired.

jtan163's gear list:jtan163's gear list
Olympus C-740 UZ Nikon D7000 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow