New Canon 5d mk3 horizontal banding at iso200 - faulty body?

Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
bigbadlemon
Regular MemberPosts: 271
Like?
Re: Wow that's awful, Canon are clueless
In reply to rwbaron, Jul 19, 2012

Just to clarify, there is no shadow lift going on in my images as far as I am aware - and there is a RAW file posted so other forum members may check.

I have tried to eliminate the RAW process pipeline (ie a particular application applying 'odd' settings by handing over a raw file for you to view) - at only ISO 400 (not a 'low' btw) with banding in the hair, not dark shadows, means my client has turned down this image for publication. It is essentially unusable, sadly.

This is not just a toy/hobby, but a business tool. At present, it's not performing as a very successful one, despite razor sharp AF, lovely screen and great handling.

I'd like to resolve it, so if it means replacing the body, I'll try that first. Then see where I can go from there, as I have no desire to pixel peep, or work 'around' the issue with noise plugins at length (And extra cost to me).

It's this model or a step (sideways? Down?) to a 1ds mk3 perhaps, which appears banding free.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
...New
+ 1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow