Non-OEM gloss optimizer for Epson R1900/R2000

Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
BrightGuy
Forum MemberPosts: 96Gear list
Like?
Re: Non-OEM gloss optimizer for Epson R1900/R2000
In reply to BrightGuy, Jul 19, 2012

I'd like to update this topic reporting that the problem was related to a bad batch of the gloss optimizer indeed. Because those bad GO bottles were the first ones ordered at IJF, I didn't have a parameter to confirm this suspicion at a first moment, except for the new bottles which arrived yesterday.

As it's clearly seen among the attached pictures, the old bottles have an strong (and strange) milky aspect compared to the new ones. Also, it smells somewhat different. I guess this has more to do with a contamination at further bottling than anything wrong at the manufacturing process. Anyway, the GO prints beautifully now. The blurring/bleeding problem is definitely gone. And I would say that the cast IJF GO produces over the prints are now even lower than that one produced by the OEM GO. For color pictures, prints with and without GO are practically equal each other, so someone can use the same profile. For b/w prints, the cast was only noticed when I compared the print to another non-GO one, side-by-side -- something that's easily corected by a new profile.

I attached another picture of the bottom of the bottles, both new and old ones, so someone could know which IJF GO batch to avoid/exchange.

Should I say Mr. Chang was very attentive to all this, and when I gave him scanned evidences of the problem, he promptly shipped new bottles to me. Now I can fully testify the qualify of IJF inks, at least for this R1900/R2000 set.

BrightGuy's gear list:BrightGuy's gear list
Epson Stylus Photo R2000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow