WB150F - my 'user comments'

Started Jul 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Nikonworks
Senior MemberPosts: 2,202
Like?
Re: WB150F - Focusing and Audio for musicians in small clubs?
In reply to elliottnewcomb, Jul 19, 2012

elliottnewcomb wrote:

You have me interested in this camera's video and audio, and you also own the EX1 I think.

Question:

What can you tell me about your experiences with these, and which, WB or Ex, do you think will give best sound/focusing on moving musicians?

Thanks, Elliott

I take videos of musicians in small clubs, and both the focus hunting and audio are my concerns, neither are typically properly reviewed in camera forums. (please, not starting an argument, I just have not found good answers)

The audio needs not to get overloaded and turn to mush when the volume gets up there, and the volume difference between front, sides, rear is important.

The video needs to be able to handle the musicians moving back and around from the mic, and when moving the view over to another band member several feet back, etc, without constantly focus hunting. (unfortunately, oly xz1 has terrible focus hunting, had to return it)

Low light is also an issue, I presume EX2 will be best for that, but WB zoom is strong advantage also.

I am shooting a concert tonight.
I will try the WB as far as audio is concerned and let you know.

An external mic is always the best for any camera.

When I get my EX2F i will try to use my present external mic, if it won't work then I will buy Samsung's NX mic which will be compatible.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow