Jacobs uk website has no Nikon or cannon gear??

Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
zsedcft
Regular MemberPosts: 107
Like?
Re: Jacobs uk website has no Nikon or cannon gear??
In reply to SiPat, Jul 19, 2012

SiPat wrote:

Jacobs has gone into administration. Another camera dealer (believed to be Calumet) was going to buy Jacobs until the deal went south.

All Jacobs stores have closed down except the London Road, Leicester branch, which I have visited 3 or 4 times already, and picked up some absolute bargains. The Leicester store will remain open until all the stock from across the country and that held at their warehouse in Meridian Park (Leicester) is sold off. Yesterday, they had a brand new Nikon D3200 with kit lens and charger -- but no box and other accessories -- priced at £299. I was sorely tempted but....

I was told that all new Nikon & Canon stuff went back to the manufacturers as Jacobs just couldn't pay for the stock. The only new stock they have is Sony and Lumix (Panasonic??) stuff. Nice prices on the NEX-5 & NEX-7 with kit lenses.

Some of you may know that both Jacobs and Jessops were headquartered in Leicester, and both have been hit badly for whatever reason. Jessops did mail order when the internet was but a twinkle in the eyes of Sir Timothy John "Tim" Berners-Lee, OM, KBE, FRS, FREng, FRSA.

Do you know what they are doing with the used stuff they sell? I was going to head along to one of the London branches before they closed down. They had quite a lot of good used nikon pro gear last time I went in.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow