Started Jul 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
Masking tools
Jul 19, 2012

I have been looking for a decent masking tool. I have the Topaz suite and that includes Remask 2, but I find that tool difficult to use. I have tried Remask 3 and, although it seems better, it also does not seem to do a very good job when the border contains a lot of small tree branches and leaves. Perhaps I don't know how to use it although I have watched the video tutorials, but I spent more than an hour trying to mask out some trees and it did not go as well as in the tutorial because, I suppose, the branches and leaves are much smaller than in the tutorial.

I downloaded the OnOne Perfect Photo suite and have been playing with the Perfect Mask part of it. I have had much more luck with it than with Remask 3, but still have some serious issues when trying to mask out small tree branches and leaves. It seems easier and better than Remask 3, but I end up with almost ghost-like small branches since I cannot enlarge the photo to more than 100% and hence cannot add the branch colors to the Keep list with any accuracy.

What experience do people have with masking tools? What are really good ones? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow