HX20V for Video when I can get great photos for half the price?

Started Jul 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sujay N Hegde
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?
HX20V for Video when I can get great photos for half the price?
Jul 19, 2012

Okay, so should I get the HX20V for photo and frequent video recordings when I can get a camera with great photo(not as good as the HX20V but still very much sufficient) for almost half the price? I'm not saying that HX20V is worth twice any average compact just for its video but for me video is a factor if I buy the HX20V. I can't go for a camcorder or a dSLR as I can't carry it around in my pocket. I know that I'll never get a true HD camcorder's video quality on the HX20V but are the videos the HX20V produces at 1080/60p a fair trade-off for me when I can get a good photo shooting campact at half the HX20V's price? The thing is, I don't want to pay so much for the HX20V and then not be satisfies with its video quality (especially the COLOUR SATURATION). I know that the HX20V is probably (RX100?) the best compact P&S out there but I don't need the best P&S but if I do buy the best P&S I need to be happy with its video too. No, I don't want to go for the RX100.

So what are your suggestions?

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX20V Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow