Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
veroman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,239Gear list
Like?
My thoughts on the X10 ....
Jul 18, 2012

I purchased mine only last Friday for a weekend trip to California, where I visited one of my daughters.

My first post regarding the X10 was yesterday (within a thread), and I quickly discovered that the camera is the subject of considerable controversy. Some of the controversy has to do with its poor battery life; some of it has to do with more serious issues, such as the "white orbs," odd handling, an assortment of operational quirks and the 6MP mode using EXR.

Well ... quite frankly, I've worked with just about type of quirky camera, from the Kodak SLR/c to the Nikon P7000. By comparison to just those two, the X10 is quite fine, oddities and all.

The fact is, my experience thus far with the X10 is that it's the closest thing to the perfect travel camera that I've owned and used thus far, with an impressive build, impressive image quality, reliable focus and metering, highly adaptable settings, surprisingly good dynamic range and first-rate JPEG output ... coming very close to the JPEG capability of my Olympus DSLRs.

Here are some samples:

-- hide signature --

SteveG
'When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.'
— Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie
http://www.stephenmichaelgarey.com

veroman's gear list:veroman's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus PEN E-P5
Fujifilm X10 Nikon Coolpix P7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow