Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Martin_E
Regular MemberPosts: 300
Like?
Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 DG OS Focus Issue
Jul 18, 2012

Hi, I've been a keen wildlife photographer for many years. I own a Canon 7D with various lenses including the 100-400 f4.5 5.6. I purchased the Sigma 120-300 f2.8 DG OS lens because I really wanted a faster apperture lens for early morning late evening or overcast shots. The Sigma Lens seemed the perfect choice and with it being a zoom its very versatile too.

The problem I have is as follows. When I angle the lens more than 45 deg upwards the auto focus stops working, its as if the weight of the internal element is slipping somehow. Then I tried the manual focus ring and the same thing happens, when I try to focus from min to infinity the internal focus element just slips without any change, when I look at the distance indicator through the window it stays in the same place. Has anyone had a similar experience because when I phoned Sigma they said this is the first time they've heard of it.
Regards,
Martin,

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow