People Photography - emotional connection

Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Light Pilgrim
Regular MemberPosts: 139Gear list
Like?
Re: People Photography - emotional connection
In reply to Marc Lorenz, Jul 18, 2012

I agree with the statement overall, but just do not agree with the gender. It doesn't make any difference, only your approach and personality, your social skills.

Marc Lorenz wrote:

I came to realize that when I did photos at a party where I was a stranger to most people. I did many shots of people and groups, then I handled the camera over to a girl friend of mine who knows nothing about photography, well I put the right settings before.

Anyway in the end all pictures she shot were great, just because the people reacted to her in a much more positive way. There were natural smiles and not a hint of suspicion, in contrast to the photos I did, the reactions of the people were more reserved.

So my conclusion is, if you make social kind of photos it helps greatly if you are a hot girl, lol.

I'm not exactly creep, but people react less suspicious if a cute girl approaches them asking to look into the camera, this seems to be true for both sexes.
So I guess girls are the better people photographers.

Light Pilgrim's gear list:Light Pilgrim's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 1,4/35
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow