Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 11,047Gear list
Like?
Caving with the E-M5 & 12-50 Lens
Jul 18, 2012

Within a week of owning the E-M5 I was able to go to a few caves to take photos. The E-M5 did pack really well. In my 1300 Pelican box I was able to pack the camera, FL600R flash w/ syc. cable and three Sunpack 383 flashes with Wein HSXL optical slaves.

The camera handled really well. I really did like how the LED on the FL600R flash is used for a focus assist light. It really did help.

Photo 1:

Photo 2:

Photo 3:

Photo 4:

Photo 5:

Photo 6:

Photo 7:

I did like how compact the camera packs and it is nice that the camera and lens is weather-resistant. Makes for handling with wet and muddy hands a little easier. The auto-focus works really good in the low light conditions of the cave. The EVF also worked really well. Ate LED light on the FL600R flash really did help on fcusing on the salamander and cricket shots. The close focusing ("macro" mode) of the 12-50 kit lens also helped on the salamander and cricket shots. I do think I will like this camera for my cave camera.

Anyhow, I just thoguth folks on this forum would be interested in seeing some slightly different photos. Thanks for looking. Comments are always welcome.

Dave
--

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +25 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow