Software Question

Started Jul 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alpha Doug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,161Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks gents
In reply to Hulamike, Jul 18, 2012

I totally agree with your about Photoshop. 5.5 works quite well for me and I haven't decided if I will upgrade to 6.0, but probably I will. There are 4 or 5 capabilities that I would like to have, although they are actually necessary. This latest approach that they are taking is a bummer that you can't upgrade more than one level back without completely re-buying the whole package for a huge price. Lots of folks use the very inexpensive Pixlemator for the editing they need to do on layers. It works just fine as an external editor with LR. Also, OnOne software has a plugin called "Perfect Layers" which works with LR. It is not quite as full featured as Photoshop, but it works quite well for most uses. Also, there are a ton of plugins for Lightroom that work better than the capabilities in Photoshop. For instance, for HDR work, ink HDR Efex Pro, or Photomatix, or HDR Expose work much better than the built in HDR stuff in Photoshop. Also, plugins from Topaz, ink, OnOne, Alien Skin, Imagenomics, and others, offer capabilities that are easier to access than Photoshop.

I don't know if they will do the cross grade with your current version of not. I suppose it's worth a try.
--
Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}

http://www.dougwigton.com/

Alpha Doug's gear list:Alpha Doug's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow