Fuji X-Pro 1 or D800 for a trip to paris

Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
mr moonlight
Senior MemberPosts: 1,382
Like?
Re: I have been in your position, too!
In reply to smatty, Jul 18, 2012

What do you plan to do with the photos? Are they for personal or professional use? Will you be printing them large?

There's a certain point where your camera is overkill and begins to detract from it's functionality. You have to ask yourself, do you really want to carry around all that weight? Do you want to draw that much attention to yourself? Is there something about this camera that will bring me images or image quality that I absolutely need to have?

Then there's the bigger question. What is the purpose of the trip? Is it to take photos or to have the experience? I carry my X100 or Xpro1 everywhere I go everyday. It's small compact and light. I can go out to dinner, dance at a club, have a few (to many) drinks at the bar, go on a hike... without a second thought as to my camera's size or weight. I wouldn't even think about lugging my 5D on any of those occasions.

My advice is this, if you really love the X100 you have a very high likely hood of feeling the same about the Xpro1. If you feel like you could use your X100 for everything except wish it had a wider and longer lens, then you will very likely be fine with the Xpro1.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow