FZ200. How Many FZ150 Users will upgrade?

Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
kkardster
Senior MemberPosts: 4,436Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ200. How Many FZ150 Users will upgrade?
In reply to Stevie Boy Blue, Jul 18, 2012

I'm tempted. If I wasn't married, I'd be on the B&H site putting in my pre-order now.

For shooting wildlife, the wider aperature at full zoom will help keep the shutter speeds up and should also result in better dusk/dawn results.

The new EVF is a welcome improvement

I'm glad to see they moved the playback button out of the shooter's way. I still accidentally press it at inopportune times.

Why didn't they leave the DISPLAY button on the left where I'm now used to it? I guess I can get used to this new location if I have to...

I do like the cleaned-up mode dial - I really didn't understand why there were multiple SCENE modes on the FZ150. Let's hope they're grouped under pull-downs for easier selection - ala the Quick Menu.

I'm not sure of the new power switch orbiting the mode dial, but I can see it is likely easier to turn on with my thumb.

I think the left-right separation of the video and burst buttons will help keep from accidentally pressing the wrong one - which I've done several times.

The three function buttons are intriguing...

I'm hoping the new high sensitivity MOS sensor only improves IQ - that would be the icing on the cake!

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Yes!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow