Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chester S Parks
Contributing MemberPosts: 559Gear list
Like?
Canceled order at B&H for D800 and was paid $20
Jul 18, 2012

I ordered a D800 from B&H right after they started taking orders for the camera. At the time they were offering, from PayPal's By It Now, Bill Later service, a $20 credit if I used this option. The service has a grace prior of 6 months before interest (of 19.5%) is charged. I fully intended to pay as soon as I got the camera, so opted to take the $20 credit. After waiting a week or so, I got the first statement from the Bill Me later Bank and the clock was started on the 6 month interest free period the day I ordered. I phone B&H and they said that was all handled by PayPal. I phoned PayPal and complained that the clock should not start until I got the goods. They said essentially "tough luck, that's the way it is." So I went back to B&H and canceled the order. I didn't have any idea how long the wait might be, but it was looking like it might be quite a while.

Well, I soon got a statement from Bill Me later that indicated I now had a negative balance of $20, since the order from B&H had been canceled. I figured that they would eventually take the $20 credit back, since the order was canceled.

Well, for 3 months I got statements from the buy now, pay later folks, indicating the negative $20. Then I got a surprise! They sent me a check for $20. Which I have cashed.

I ended up ordering my D800 from Robert's Camera and got shipment in two weeks after I ordered. I've been enjoying the camera now for over 6 weeks and see that some folks are still waiting on B&H.

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow