Canon pro9000 vs. My Computer Screen

Started Jul 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jimmy C
Regular MemberPosts: 459Gear list
Like?
Re: I didn't edit it at all....
In reply to Endzone, Jul 18, 2012

Endzone wrote:

You know what I think? I think this printer is over rated, and I think Canon knew that it was. That is why they included as an almost freebie with a purchase of one of their DSLR's. That is why people almost can't give these away on Craigslist. I'm going to keep it though, but I don't think it's the 5-star printer that everybody on Amazon says it is. I could be right, and I sure could be wrong. Boy, have I ever been wrong more than a few times in my life. But, I think I will stop with using more ink and paper to try to accomplish something that may be theoretically impossible to do with the printer they call the Canon pro9000 Mark II. I would be more than happy for somebody prove me wrong though.

FYI, all CMYK ink printers will have problems color matching and handling out of gamut colors. You make the problem even more difficult by not using a calibrated monitor and by your selection of Word 2003 for your test software. I think you are trying to make your case that the Pro9000 is not a good printer as your ealier review revealed.

Jimmy C's gear list:Jimmy C's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM | C +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow