Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aftab
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,064Gear list
Like?
Panasonic strikes back!
Jul 18, 2012

OMG! I can't believe it! FZ200! Its like a dream!

I remember those inspiring days of FZ10 to FZ50. Panasonic was the undisputed king of superzooms. With these cameras Panasonic gave us the best optics and the best image stabilization. Along with LX series, these cameras made photography enjoyable and liberating for thousands of us like never before.

But after FZ50 it seemed that Panasonic lost interest in FZ series. They came up with L1. A fine camera, but a failed venture. They didn't pursue it. Then they went for mirrorless and revolutionized the digital era of photography. They continued with FZ series, but it seemed that they did it only to stay in the market, not to lead it. Till now.

FZ200 is what we expected from the manufacturer who gave us groundbreaking FZ, LX and TZ series of the earlier days. Maybe the time wasn't right. Maybe they needed to wait for better sensor, better processing power and better IS. Remember those days when when we were happy if a ISO200 picture from a FZ or LX camera looked noiseless?

Since FZ50 I moved to DSLR. But I miss those days when I didn't have to carry heavy gears and worry about changing lenses in the field. Has the day of liberating photography come again in a much better shape?

I end my rant with two FZ50 pictures.

Thanks for reading and looking.

-- hide signature --

Life is short.
Travel with passion.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catch45/

aftab's gear list:aftab's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X II Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D600 Canon EOS 7D Mark II +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow