Started Jul 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Melcox
Regular MemberPosts: 111
Like?
NYC - Central Park
Jul 17, 2012

My wife and I were in NYC a couple of weeks ago on vacation. While strolling by the south east edge of the park a hawk (as I was later to find out) flew up and perched right on the stone wall that separates the park from the street. It was no more than 20 feet away from me. I frantically grabbed for my camera to get a shot off and managed to squeeze off a few shots before some guy frantically ran up and shooed the hawk away back into the park. Those shots were all blurry and not worth keeping.

The next day we were walking by the park in the same location and decided to walk down the pathway that runs parallel to 5th Ave. I saw a group of people, several with cameras, looking up at the trees and that's when I saw the hawk from the previous day. I think it was the same one. I was able to get a few better shots off this time.
The other attached photos are all taken in the same tiny area of the park.

I decided to post these photo's after viewing a show last evening on HBO about bird watching in Central Park.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow