Nokia Pureview 808 VS Sony Nex

Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alupang
Senior MemberPosts: 2,560
Like?
Re: It's grabs like this that make a difference
In reply to BubbaHotepUK, Jul 17, 2012

BubbaHotepUK wrote:

I've often said Nokia would actually do a lot better making cameras than phones.

Nokia makes good phones. The reception and voice on the Nokia 808 is excellent-- so it's a great phone. I don't play games, download "apps" (god I hate that word) and ripped out all the social crap too. All I want is to be able to make calls, do SMS, surf web in WiFi hot spots and listen to MP3s (btw the 808's music player sound quality is as superb as the camera). I could care less about ever changing, always upgrading OS's--the 808 does it all for me right now.

Plus this phone has USB, a bright saturated screen you can see under sun, Bluetooth to transfer any file I wish, MiscoSD slot and a removable battery that lasts 2 days. How and why this phone doesn't light the world on fire is beyond me. Because of an OS? How do you take a good picture with an OS?

The Nokia N95 still takes photos better than many point and shoots, and my Nokia N8 was a life saver earlier this year when the battery in my NEX-C3 went flat half way up a Peruvian mountain.

Shame the 808 is so expensive at the moment. When it starts to drop in price I may consider one (if Nokia hasn't gone bust or been bought by Microsoft, of course).

Yes I'm keeping my eye on this situation and may have to buy another 808 backup just in case. 38MP Pureview cannot run on bloated OS like Windows so this may be IT for several years at least.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow