ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Striker8888
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Help choosing between c3 and 5n on budget
Jul 17, 2012

Hi,

Quick info: i'm a newbie at this forum and digital photography. i'm trying to buy a nex but not sure which one to get and searching for good advices on this forum. Camera will be shared between my gf(small hand) and I. Looking for an all around good camera and len combo. Will be using this camera for indoor and outdoor evenly. We just had a baby and will try to set up a small studio in the extra bedroom to take photos of our newborn(very important).

Choices: I narrowed down to the choices below. All prices are after tax and shipping.

1: Brand new C3 + 16mm len for $390
2: Brand new C3 + 16mm + SEL1855 $583 or with Used SEl1855 for $500 total
3: Brand new C3 + USED SEL1855 $350 roughly.
4: Brand new 5n + SEL1855 $660
5: Get one of these camera and ditch the kit len and buy a better len?

We've tried both camera and also the F3 but F3 is just too bulky. Been researching but not sure which one will fit our budget and current status(learning how to shoot proper photos). I'm leaning toward the C3 but it seems hard trying to take photos with 1 hand. 5n fits our hands nicely but pricey. I'm also worry that the C3 will be too slow vs the 5n (10fps vs. 5.5fps).

I read somewhere the C3 performs better than 5n for indoor which is very important for us since we will be using the camera at parties and dinners.

Any comments welcome. We probably have to make the decision in a day or two because of the special pricings. Thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow