Compare? Colormunki vs i1Photo Pro 2 for quality of print profiles?

Started Jul 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
l_d_allan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,636Gear list
Like?
Re: Compare? Colormunki vs i1Photo Pro 2 for quality of print profiles?
In reply to irvweiner, Jul 17, 2012

irvweiner wrote:

lda: How the heck are you doing in Colorado Springs--I've been watching the news daily and you came to mind each time I saw those horrific flames on TV.

If you recall, I use the Colormunki--it will profile your monitor and create print profiles. Check for discounts or new (~$350) or get a used unit from a reputable major dealer. Then search my postings here for using a single 1/2 sht of letter size for printing and reading of both test targets instead of 2 full size letter shts.

good luck irv weiner

ps: I recall your comment that RjetTek is in your town, have they suffered any damage? You can walk over and refill your carts with their OCP ink!!

Irv,

I've also wondered how you've been.

• I didn't realize the ColorMunki can do monitor profiles.

• I have the printer profiling Sypder3SR package, but not all that happy with it. IIRC, I think you went from a Spyder to X-Rite equipment.

• Colorado Springs is bigger than most people realize ... ~ 450,000 population with quite a bit of sprawl. The fire was on the west side "Front Range" near national forest. My wife and I are on the east side, about 8+ miles away with a 6 lane n/s interstate between. We had to put up with quite a bit of smoke for several days, but we were never in any danger.

• RJetTek was just outside the evacuation zone. They are on the west side of Colorado Springs, and the smoke was almost certainly worse of them than for me.

l_d_allan's gear list:l_d_allan's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ47 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow