Started Jul 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
redsimon
Regular MemberPosts: 263
Like?
Urgent -- ERR 01 on EOS 500D
Jul 17, 2012

My 28 month old EOS 500D has started giving me ERR 01 - poor communication between lens and camera messages.

I went to Goodwood Festival of Speed and shot almost 1000 shots at ISO 200 with the 17:85mm IS lens without any problem.

Next day I went to Kedleston Hall and shot some interiors with the same lens at ISO 400, and kept on getting ERR 01. I had to shut the camera down and restart. Also I took the lens off and replaced it several times, but the message had started even though I had not taken the lens off after shooting the 1000 shots at Goodwood. Eventually I got all the shots I wanted.

Last weekend I went to Oulton Park racing circuit and shot around 250 static or moving cars at ISO 200 without problem.

On the way back from Oulton we called in at Quarry Bank Mill, Styal, and whilst shooting there the same ERR 01 reappeared.

Is my camera allergic to National Trust houses, or is there something about ISO 400 that causes the problem. It only seems to happen at ISO 400.

I am asking for URGENT help because I'm going to Silverstone this week and I don't want equipment failure to send me home early.

It is likely that I will shoot entirely in ISO 200 or even 100 if the weather is kind, and hopefully I can avoid ISO 400.

As a precaution I will take a zoom lens and a 50mm lens, but if my ERR 01 is caused by body failure, different lenses won't help.

PLEASE can anyone suggest anything, at least to get me through a very important weekend, as I don't even have time to buy a new body or to get it repaired this week. Thanks

Passionate about cars and lovely places, and trying in vain to use a creative eye and a carefully set up camera to capture both. ( http://www.simoncars.co.uk )

Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow